Who We Are
The Consortium brings together community coalitions, service providers, school districts, and other partners serving children and families in Skagit County.
What We Do
- Provide community education and discussion forum opportunities.
- Form partnerships to strengthen existing resources.
- Identify gaps or overlaps in services for children and families most at-risk of academic failure, dropping out of school, drug and alcohol abuse, violence and homelessness in Skagit County.
- Develop the means to fill those gaps and increase service capacity.
- Promote best practices.
When We Meet
The Consortium meets the third Wednesday of the month during the academic year from 9:00 – 10:30 AM in the Community Room 320 Pacific Place in Mount Vernon.
Transforming Trauma - How to do this work and sustain
Please join us on October for a special presentation from The Trauma Stewardship Institute. During this presentations, Laura van Dernoot Lipsky will cover topics including:
- Setting the Context for Cumulative Toll
- The Trauma Exposure Response
- How to Sustain Individually
- How to Sustain Collectively
To find out more inforamtion or to register, visit HERE
To view a Laura van Dernoot Lipsky's TedTalk, "Beyond the Cliff" HERE
This event is brought to you in partnership between SCCFC and Skagit/Islands Head Start Program through Skagit Valley College.